In our continued effort to provide the best for our athletes at MKCA, we wanted to share some exciting news with you. This year, we will be aiming to get our own gym, which will be the only dedicated cheerleading space in Milton Keynes. Project ‘Hire to Home’ will mean that we will finally have a sprung floor, even better equipment and can run more classes than ever before! In the next few weeks, we will be putting forward planning for the change of use of a building in Kiln Farm, whilst continuing to explore other options should it not be approved.
To help create our home, we will be trying to raise £25,000 in just 9 weeks and of course we need your help to do it! We have LOTS of fundraising activities lined up, which we will be running throughout March and April, so please see below for ways that you can help.
To kick-start things off, on Thursday 1st March 2018, our crowdfunding page will go live and from 10.00am any money donated will also be matched by MK Community Foundation (up to £1,000 until the money runs out!). We will also be eligible for gift aid, so it’s fundamental that you help us spread the word and try and get the whole community behind us.
If you or your company can help in ANY way please get in touch with Miki Garratt, Paige Cronje or Clare Gale.
How to help:
- Make a one-off financial contribution or a fixed amount each month
- Donate a venue for an event
- Donate your unwanted wearable clothes and toys
- Pay for/contribute a piece of equipment
- Donate on our crowd funding page
- Donate a raffle or auction prize
- Sell event tickets
- Sell raffle tickets
- Come to or contribute to an event
- Take a sponsorship pack to your work
- Host your own fundraising activity at work
- 10th March:
- 9.00-15.00 = Bake Sale (MKCA Team Training)
- 18.00-19.00 = Top Jump Fundraiser
- 19-24th March:
- Easter Dress-Up Week
- 6th April:
- 9.00 – 15.00 = Cheerleading, dance and gymnastics holiday club
- 18.30 – 20.30 = Pub Quiz
- 13 – 14th April:
- 16.30 – 20.00 (13th) and 09.00 – 11.00 (14th) Cash for clothes drop off
- 28 – 29th April:
- 19.30 – 8.30 = World Sleepover (MKCA Athletes only)
Further information on all of our events is listed on our Facebook page, so please ensure that you follow www.facebook.com/mkcheerleadingacademy
Lets make it happen!